Our Background and Mission Statement
Dawn J. LaCosta, D.Min.
March of 2001 I felt called to start a Wellness Center that was client focused and would
offer numerous resources to those in need. We provided a Medical Doctor, Nurse Practitioner specializing in Mental Health, Naturopath & Holistic Medicine, a Speech Pathologist, Divorce Recovery through the Fresh Start program and Grief & Loss support. The founder, Dawn LaCosta, offered wellness education and spoke at numerous conferences, taught at local colleges, and provided corporate training in conflict resolution. 2020 brought about some challenges with the pandemic and people uncomfortable in group settings. After much prayer and polling our clients it was determined it was in the best interest of those we served to go fully virtual and release our "brick and mortar" offices. With limitations being lifted, 98% of our clients preferred the virtual format and that is how we operate today, with each practitioner of the group now operating independently.
Today and everyday this is how I approach my day and ministry:
As a Coach and Clinical Pastoral Christian counselor I set forth the following beliefs. These are essential to my treatment philosophy and ministry.
• We believe the Bible to be inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
• We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He has revealed Himself in creation, history and in Jesus Christ.
• We believe in the person and work of Jesus Christ, including His deity, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His true humanity, His miracles, His substitutionary death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to heaven where He sits at the right hand of the Father, and in His coming personal return in power and in glory.
• We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life and to grow in the knowledge of God and Christian obedience.
• We believe in God's creation of the world and humankind and in humanity's rebellion and subsequent depravity.
• We believe that for the salvation of the lost, sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. We believe that salvation is by grace through faith in Christ as one's Savior.
• We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost - the saved unto the resurrection of life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
• We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and in the importance of the church for worship, service and missions.
• We believe in the sanctity of life.
• We believe in the importance of marriage, and although the Bible states that divorce is permissible in two unusual circumstances (adultery as described in Matthew 5:31, and abandonment of a Christian by a non-Christian as described in I Corinthians 7:15), we will do all we can to preserve marriage.
• We believe that all psychological principles should be thoroughly evaluated through the grid of Scripture, and that Scripture always holds the final authority